Trump’s win and the art worldNovember 10, 2016
Following this week’s announcement of Donald Trump as the new president elect, instability in the financial markets ensued as the world contemplates the ramifications of a new US leader.
There is lots of speculation about “what happens next”, but in relation to the art world, here’s a few points to think about …
- Uncertain stock markets can mean investors look at alternative resources in physical form such as art.
- According to industry experts, the immediate auction market won’t be hugely hit.
- Potential policy changes will favor high-value buyers.
- Trade restrictions may negatively impact disposable income.
- It’s far too early to tell if and how this change will impact the art world.